Tuesday, October 2, 2007

My weekend recap

So, Jason wanted me to take it easy this past weekend.

Here's what I did instead. (Please forgive the photography my design wall is still being taken up by a Halloween quilt.) Most of these pieces are much larger than what is shown (they are doubled) and again, the photography distorts the color some, so you don't get a true idea of what they are like but, hey..it's what I have. :)

This particular series was in honor of Mar who once mentioned she liked brown.

This first one is all three of the browns I had. Basically I just poured a different brown on various areas to vary the color. I ended up with a lot more lighter areas than I would like the next time.

PR35 : DARK BROWN
PR35A : CHOCOLATE BROWN
PR36 : MAROON BROWN




This is PR35A : CHOCOLATE BROWN



This is PR36 : MAROON BROWN



This is PR35 : DARK BROWN



Next I tried for some blues. I had a new blue PR26 : SKY BLUE



And PR22 : COBALT BLUE



This one is just the sky blue and the turquoise that is the primary.



Here is just some playing to get purple. I wanted to get both the blue purple and red purple on the same piece of fabric.



I really liked this yellow PR4 : DEEP YELLOW



And this orange PR6 : DEEP ORANGE



I also wanted to do some black PR44:BETTER BLACK and gray PR41:CHARCOAL GRAY.




Then there was the red PR12 : LIGHT RED


Here I was playing with green



And trying for teal



This piece is proof you never know what color something will be until it's dry. This is the leftover black, brown and blue dye:




And finally an experiment gone horribly horribly wrong. This one is for the dye again pile. I was attempting to get 'fall colors'. It just ended up ugly!


I had a lot of fun. :)

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

Good experiments! I love the cobolt and the green ones especically.

Yvonne said...

Wow....much better than taking it easy....lol
You are really getting some wonderful pieces of fabric.

Vicky said...

You're a pro at this already!! Beautiful fabrics! Good going! (Hugs)

DPUTiger said...

WOW, you have some fabulous stuff! What fun! :)

His Office, My Studio said...

Yum! Your hand dyes turned out great.

atet said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! What fun. As for the ones you don't like -- hey, that's what overdying is for!

Mar said...

Each one is equally spectacular! LOL the brown I was referring to was in one of your earlier posts, when you tried to mix to get brown :-)

Kim said...

I love the browns--when I buy hand dyeds, I always look for some good greens that look like they'd turn into great leaves and browns for tree trunks and branches. They always have greens of some sort, but it seems like they rarely have nice textural browns! Great job!