Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Block Project - Block 3 - Homeward Bound

Today's pictures prove I'm not a photographer. :)

Hopefully I'll improve in time. I have a lot of blocks to go! Speaking of which, this year I'm all about not being in a hurry. I could post multiple blocks a day and I even considered that... but at this time, I just want to go at a leisurely pace. The emphasis for me is enjoying the process and not worrying about the end.

The block I picked for today is called Homeward Bound and this is the second time I've made one. The first time I realized that I pieced the block wrong and so the pictures were wrong. This time I managed to do it right.

Again, with the hand dyed fabric...

You can find the block on page 56 of Jinny Beyer's The Quilter's Album of Patchwork Patterns
It is block number 4.

Although I'm going along kind of in order I'm not necessarily going to keep to that and I may use other sources for blocks as well.

Now on to the less than stellar pictures!

Here's the block pieces:











Here is the block with the half square triangles sewn:











Here I have joined the bottom two pieces and the top two pieces:











And now we have the final block completed:


No comments: