Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Over a year

It's been over a year since I've been here. Lots has happened. Probably the biggest one is that we bought a house. Having a house means a lot of different things, one in particular is that I now have my own dedicated sewing room.

Moving made me really take stock of how much stuff I really had. The room I have to use is just a small bedroom, and although it looked big enough once I got all my stuff in there it just wasn't that big at all.

I am going ot make a concerted effort to cut down on how much stuff I have, that means not buying much and working on using my stash.

I think it's ironic that as quilters we work to build up a stash of fabric and then don't really use it. So it borders on hoarding instead of gathering a palette. At least it does for me.

I have a good friend that I met through blogging and now we either email, phone or use video calling to chat and keep in touch. She's a really amazing woman in so many ways, and I am blessed to have her as a friend. Especially given how I can be rather flakey. She's working on freeing her quilting style and quilting the Nike way ... Just do it!

While I understand her approach, I'm drawn to a different style of quilting that really has more to do with precision. Lately I've been caught in kind of a mire and haven't moved forward with any projects, mostly because making a decision is sometimes hard for me. But there are a couple of things that appeal to me and I'm determined to work on them.

I'm going to start with the Quilter's Academy books by Harriet and Carrie Hargrave. Although I've been quilting on and off for years and I probably don't qualify as a beginning quilter any longer, I'm still believe there are things I could learn.

So... off I am on a new adventure. My goal is to blog it here as I'm doing it. I'm not promising anything to myself, just taking it one day at a time.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I'm so happy to see you posting again!