Friday, September 17, 2010

Fear not

I realized something today... I'm scared of my sewing machine.

I've been working on a project for my husband's birthday this Sunday and I've had two things happen with my machine that were rather frustrating. I finally got both of them solved, but it make me realize that the complexity of my machine has made me nervous. I'm afraid that if I do something it will mess the machine up badly enough that it will cost a fair amount to fix it.

I think a good solution to the fear is just to get more comfortable with the machine and if I learn the pieces and parts as well as I can and what all the fancy bells and whistles do, I believe I'll be less apt to be afraid.

So as I sew I am working towards that goal.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

You go girl....tame that beast!

Tamera said...

I know what you mean about being afraid of your machine!

I'm afraid of my Janome Horizon...so, I chickened out and went back to sewing on my Bernina, lol.