Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, a New Time

I don't really believe in New Year's resolutions, per se. As my husband says, if you are going to change something, just change. But I do believe that people like a starting point. A time where you can mark the beginning and move forward into whatever change you are making. New Year is a good time to do that.

I also have this tradition where, on New Year's Day, I try to do a little bit of whatever I'm going to do going forward. So today my post here is in that spirit.

I have some challenges coming up in the New Year. I have to have surgery on my arm on Jan. 14, and I know the recovery from that is going to be difficult, but I am committed to following through with whatever I have to do to make it right.

So, today, I'll read a little, write a little, quilt a little, clean a little, eat some of the things I enjoy in moderation and make a little love. :) I'll spend time with my husband, my son and my wonderful dogs. I'll call my good friends to wish them a Happy New Year. All in all, I think it will be a great day for a great coming year!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Wishing you and yours much happiness, love and joy in the coming year! Shall I await a phone call?????? Looking forward to another year of wonderful friendship. Happy New Year my Friend!