Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Friends!

My friend Yvonne is amazing.

I'm a fairly insular person, I don't go much of anywhere and I have health issues that make it difficult when I do.  So, in many ways the Internet has been a lifesaver.  I met Yvonne through a blog post a couple of years ago and I feel blessed that we connected.

I've always thought the best kind of friend was the kind that supported you when you need it, and kicked your butt when you needed that.  Yvonne fits the bill!  We like similar things and have some extremely different tastes.

She's also amazingly thoughtful.  For instance, my feet are somewhat deformed and I have trouble with socks.  Yvonne knitted me a pair!  Just look at how wonderful they are!


One of the best things she ever suggested was that we get video cameras and chat while we sew.  It's really like having a friend over.  We can chat and sew and have a great time.  I just wish we could loan supplies through the Internet!  I don't know how many times I wished I could just ask her to pass me a seam ripper!

No comments: