Monday, April 11, 2011

Lemon cake


I'm really trying to bake several times a week and so I'm trying a lot of new recipes. I saw a recipe in Everyday Food. The recipe uses the entire lemon, which intrigued me, though I was somewhat skeptical of how it would turn out.

The finished cake looked fine, though it had a strange texture, almost like a cross between pudding and cake.



I don't know if that's the intended texture or if something went wrong with my baking.  But aside from that... there was an unpleasant bitter taste, presumably from the lemon rinds.  I'd really like to know if it was me or the recipe, but I definitely won't make this again.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

That will surely help you keep to your diet. :)

Teresa said...

I guess I should just keep baking stuff that doesn't taste good! :)