Sunday, August 26, 2007

Books, books, and more books (the sequel)

This is the mess where my books are. I spent some time today looking them over and it seems to me that they fall into several categories. There are books on techniques, books with quilt patterns, and books with block patterns.


Another thing I've been thinking of lately is how much I wish I had more time to quilt. I work all week and I'm often too tired by the time I get home to do much of anything. But I remember what Jinny Beyer says about why she hand pieces. As much as I love my Bernina, I really love hand piecing as well. If I had a hand project ready, I could do it in those little bits of time, like waiting at the doctor's office or at work on lunch. So...my pick for the book I'm working on this month is Hand quilting.


I'll let you know how it goes!

3 comments:

Susie said...

Hello,
I am a new blogger too.

Your bookshelf looks alot like mine. I am the guild librarian and those books are organized at least, but my personal ones...well let's just say, I'd rather sew.
I like your blog.
Susie
www.quiltobsessions.blogspot.com

Yvonne said...

Nice stash of books! Handpiecing is good....it's amazing how much you can get done in those little bits of found time.

Vicky said...

Oh, gosh, you're my new hero! I tried hand piecing once, and I got all lost in how to do it. Things are much improved now, and I should try again. Maybe I'll put that down as a goal for next year. This year seems to have gotten full all of a sudden! LOL

Even if I quit buying fabric (gasp!) I don't think I could quit buying books. I've cut way back, but it's hopeless!