Sunday, August 26, 2007

Busy day





I've been busy today.

The quilt on the left is my first attempt at machine quilting. The quilt looks wrinkled or something in the picture. I'm not finished with binding yet, but I'm almost done with my very first quilt!

The other top (the one on the right) was made at the same time as the one I'm almost finished quilting. I was experimenting. I wanted to see what kind of difference color placement made in a two color quilt. So they are both made from the same material, the same pattern, the only difference is the placement of color.

One problem I have sometimes is that I worry too much about 'screwing' up. Or making mistakes. I didn't want to ruin any of my good material with my attempts to learn how to quilt. So, I bought some less expensive material and made these two quilts.

I made a lot of mistakes on the quilting, but I feel pretty good about it. I figure if the quilts end up too bad, Bentley at least will appreciate them. :)

4 comments:

atet said...

For a first attempt that quilt looks amazing! I've done a few and wish mine looked anywhere near that good. I found your blog through Vicky's and thought I'd come by for a visit! Keep on quilting -- and don't worry about making a mistake -- just enjoy the process!

Vicki W said...

I wish my first quilt had looked that good!

Yvonne said...

It looks wonderful....you go girl!

Vicky said...

Great quilts! Love the colors reversed in them. Good job!

If Bentley anything like Daisy, he won't care what they look like! Just any old quilt to snuggle under! Don't we all wish we could be dogs and snooze away the day?!