Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Trip around the blog

Well, I thought I'd try adding an image since I think people really like seeing pictures in blogs. I know I do.

This is one of the quilts I'm currently working on. I had some problems initially because I hadn't been able to lay it all out on anything. My house has lots of windows and not many walls large enough for a design wall and since I rent I can't really do anything permanent to the walls. My solution was to upend the mattress in the guest room and put a sheet of flannel over it. It's actually worked out pretty well. I can pin things to the flannel if I need to pretty easily.

It's interesting also to me how the colors appear a bit muted in this post. They are actually pretty bright.

Anyway, I deem the posting, if not the quilt a success.

One problem I'm having now is figuring out how best to go about sewing this together. I'm currently thinking I'll do rows. Since this quilt is not out of a book or anything but a copy of one I saw in a shop, I don't have directions. I've never done a one patch before and unlike a quilt with blocks you have to construct, this doesn't seem to break up into 'pieces' very well.

I guess it will just be like I am with most of this stuff...charge ahead and figure out how to clean up the mess later! :)

3 comments:

Vicky said...

It looks fabulous! I'd probably do rows on it, too. Fabulous quilt! (Hugs)

mckie2 said...

Pretty quilt - I think I would sew the rows together a quarter of the quilt at a time. That way you are only sewing half of the width of the quilt at a time. Doing it with the full width will make for very tedious long row sewing. After you get the 4 quadrants made you will sew the top 2 together and then the bottom 2. Then you only have to sew that full width seam once when you sew the top to the bottom.

Looking forward to seeing it when you are done.

Vicki W said...

Welcome to blogging! This is a great quilt!