Sunday, September 23, 2007

*cough*cough*

This weekend hasn't been nearly as productive as I had hoped.

I was going to get my Halloween quilt top sewed together. I needed to do applique down the cut out pieces from the panels and then sew up the blocks. And on Sunday I was going to go to Quilting in the Garden, but Jason was sick on Friday and in an exression of love he seems to have spread it to me.

I'm aching and coughing and just generally feel bad. I have to go to work tomorrow because of an important project so I'm trying to conserve as much energy as I can.

Yvonne has been saying crazy things about going on a spending freeze. I'm thinking maybe I should join her. I need to get my fabric for the pumpkin block swap but after that I'm thinking that I should go on a freeze for a period of time. I know some of you have done the no fabric buying thing before. How did it work? I remember reading in Vicky's blog about a past time when she felt really good about not buying. She isn't on a 'quilt diet' now, and I've loved seeing what she's bought lately, but I remember reading past posts that talked about it, last year I think.

Maybe it's just the sickness talking! :) I'll see how I feel after I get the pumpkin fabric.

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

New fabric is always great medicine! LOL!

Mar said...

spending freeze? girl, take two asprin and call me in the morning! ;-o Hope you feel better soon!

atet said...

I've done the total spending freeze thing -- hmmn, what to say about it? Um, I didn't spend any money that month. In the time since I've gone a bit overboard because I felt so deprived.

I think I'm going back into a non-spending period but rather than saying I will spend NO money (and making myself feel like I am "starving") -- instead calling it a "use what you have" challenge like I had seen on another blog. Give myself a period of time to use up some of my recent purchases (and/or other fabrics in my stash) before buying for new projects. It gives me the freedom for a few rewards now and again, and also makes me feel like I'm trying to be a bit more responsible (and not feel guilty when I do have to buy things to finish projects I already have!)

Yvonne said...

I agree about the "can't"....makes me want to all the more. I choose not to buy anything until the new year works for me. It's my "choice". I can if I want to but I choose not to. :)

Hope you feel better!

Vicky said...

I'm going to be not buying much again for a month. I said "not much" because it hurts too badly not to get something if you see it and you need/want it. Besides, I need to go car shopping! It's always something! LOL Seriously, though, I need to concentrate on sewing instead of poking buttons. I'm enjoying my time sewing and appliqueing lately, so I figure it'll all come out even - someday! Hope you're feeling better. The crud has settled itself over my house, too! (Hugs)