Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Soft as butter

Today has been quite the interesting mix...

I woke up at my usual time (3:45am), did my morning routine, checked the web, got dressed, walked the dog, fixed my breakfast. Now, I'm an amazingly boring individual. Every morning for breakfast I have a bowl of cereal. I like to delude myself that the oaty goodness of Cheerios cancels out the fatty goodness of things I eat later in the day.

Ha!

Anyway, back to the morning.

When I pulled out the milk I noticed something distressing. It was about the same temperature I like my butter when I'm getting ready to spread it on bread. :( This refrigerator is only about 1.5 years old. My ex cheaped out when he bought it and paid $300 for a no name refrigerator. Now, I'm all for bargains, but I like sensible ones and I had a bad feeling about this from the beginning. It never closed right and never really kept stuff cold. Jason and I had been debating what to do about the fridge last month. We both wanted a better one but we felt that it was foolish to spend money when we had a working one.

Well, it isn't working now!

So, I headed to work where it was just blazingly busy. In between work stuff I had read my email and had a wonderful suprise from Yvonne. She told me her local quilt shop had the Thimbleberries Christmas books and she offered to get them and ship them to me.

When I moved up from Los Angels the I missed my son and I missed my friends. I was sure it wouldn't be hard to make new friends here, but I hadn't counted on a few things. I worked long hours and I didn't get out much. So I didn't meet as many people as I'd hoped... In Los Angeles I'd had a group of four friends that were like gold. We did lots of stuff together and I knew there was always someone there for laughs or to lend me a shoulder if I needed one. I missed that here... I've got a few friends here now, but I'm finding that the best of the best seem to be on the web. Yvonne you are a gem!

After work I ran by Sears to catch the end of their Labor Day sale. I ended up getting this.

Now I'm home...relaxing with the dog.

Hectic day but good in many ways and wonderful in at least one. Thank you Yvonne!

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

You are very welcome my friend. I was happy to do it!

Mar said...

Nice frig!! Nice Yvonne!! glad she made good of your day.

atet said...

Nice fridge -- you're going to LOVE having the freezer on the bottom!

Carol said...

Now you'll have ice cold milk...I wish I had the freezer in the bootom feature. Enjoy!
Blogland friends are the BEST!

Angie said...

I just read over your last several posts, and had to let you know that your 'baby' is adorable. I have two spoiled rotten wienie dogs, that don't know they're the dogs and I'm the human LOL, and they rule the house. :D Also you post about seeing the stranger in the mirror---O.M.G., I had that happen to me recently and really did a double take at who was looking back at me---this wrinkled, turning-grey, growing larger woman who very much resembled my mother. LOL BUT where is Angie??????

Nan said...

I agree with you - Yvonne is a gem!! The blog world is a wonderful place to be, isn't it?
Nice fridge!!
Give Bentley a hug for me!!