Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Crazy!

I'm pretty sure I've tipped over into 'nuts' or maybe 'wacko' is more my speed. In any case I've lost it.

It's past my bedtime and I have one more dye batch to finish. I know it's the middle of the week and I have work tomorrow, but I needed to use up the left over dye concentrate before it lost it's 'ompf' and I thought I'd just dye one little piece when I got home.

One turned into two...which turned into four, which quickly became six and then oh.. seven. I'm tired and hurting from standing but I am so happy. I'll post pictures of what I ended up with tomorrow when I can take the photos in good light.

I did this batch a lot differently.

It's pretty funny actually. I wanted to make purple, so I started carefully measuring the red dye...and the cap fell off. I figured, what the heck and just started dumping what I thought was a good amount. I also didn't stir the fabric hardly at all.

I really like these pieces (at least the four I've seen so far).

I've been wanting to dye the fabric for the Hometown Christmas quilt. But I'm not sure that's a good idea, since it would take even longer for me to experiment and find the colors I want. I haven't gotten very far on the quilt yet. So far I'm in a race to end up in last place. I'm currently neck and neck with Yvonne! ;)

Well, the washer just quit so I'm going to go see what the green piece ended up looking like!

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Is that a challenge my friend??????
LOL

I can't wait to see what you have done!

Mar said...

all this talk and no pictures!! hurry, I wanna see! Will the hamster brain return? :-)