Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Dyeing to quilt


Look what I got in!! I've been wanting to learn to dye fabric for a long time, so after I got my bonus this year at work...I ran off to Dharma and bought a whole bunch of stuff. I've got a bunch of fabric and everything I need, so I have no excuse now for not trying it out.

Ever notice how many quilting blogging women have Dachshunds or Dachshund mixes? Coincidence or just great taste? ;)

Well, I need to go dig out fabrics for the Thimbleberries Christmas quilt... so I'm off to root through the stash.

If anyone has done dyeing and has any 'wise' words, please let me know.

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

I mentioned that to someone today about the doxies that so many of you have. We were talking about our kitties. :) I have no wise words to offer as I have never done any of that. I say jump in with both feet and have a ball. I want to see what you come up with!

Mar said...

Ya know I noticed that doxie connection too, I feel left out! OMG you have enough dye there to keep busy for a very long time, I wanna see what you brew up too!

Vicki W said...

You are gong to LOVE fabric dyeing. A great resource is http://fabricdyeing101.blogspot.com and I love the Ann Johnston books - Color By Accient and color By Design.

Darlene said...

I'll be watching to see what you're brewing here with all that dye. I've never done it but have stood back and watched while others have. :-)

We don't have any pets in our home right now but we love Lhasa Apsos. :-)

Susie said...

rinse...rinse...rinse....
You get the idea!

atet said...

Ooooh ... looks like you are going to be having some fun with fabric dyes!!! I've never done it -- but I want to!

Kim said...

I haven't dyed fabric, but we did have a presentation at one of our guild meetings. They seemed to stress safety most--work in a well ventilated area (outside is best) and make sure you aren't inhaling the stuff! Then, of course, you have to show us what you did!