Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hamster Brain

It's 10:41 pm and I have to be up in 5 hours. Instead of sleeping my mind keeps running around and around the same old thing not getting anywhere like a tiny rodent on a wheel.

I wish I could find the magic box to stuff it all down inside to lock it away so I could just sleep.

It's silly... going over things doesn't change them. I know at the bottom of the problem is that I haven't got a good course of action. Once I know what I'm going to do I can usually put a problem away but this one just keeps whirling around in the chaos of my mind.

It doesn't happen often, thankfully and maybe if I go lay back down and count sheep or something the problem will disappear and I can sleep...

Well, I can hope can't I? ;)

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

I hope you got to sleep...my hubby always tells me to think black. I do and I see amish quilts...nice black with vibrant colors....lol

I hope you find a solution to your problem. I wouldn't want you missing out on your "beauty sleep". But then you could always ask Kim for advice. :)

Mar said...

Think black? I never thought about it, but I think that is what I do too. Hope you got a little rest. If not, you probably will tonite!

Cheryl said...

Hope you get some rest - I tend to do the exact same thing, you put it very well. Think I'll try that think black idea!

Erin said...

geez, did think black work? If so I will try it! I really hope you did get some rest!

Carol said...

That is just the worst...and the harder you try to go to sllep the more awake you are. I think we all do the same thing. I'm going to try the think black.