Thursday, September 20, 2007

Work, creativity and life!

One thing I really wish I had was more time to do things. It seems like I'm so drained from work by the time I get home I don't feel like quilting. That means most of what I do is on the weekend. I really want to find a way to change this, however.

I've been working on my book for September (Jinny Beyer's Quiltmaking by Hand) and I really think that going back to hand piecing will help me get more done. I just have to get everything together though. I guess that will wait until the weekend! ;)

I'm hopeless. I have all these books and I wanted to cut down on 'unread' books and what do I do?





Since I didn't have time to dye more fabric and I'm trying to be more productive with my evenings I did mock up the Halloween quilt:





I'm really interested in opinions on this. I don't know if the placement of the applique is pleasing enough. I don't want any glaring holes. Let me know whatcha think!

8 comments:

Mar said...

Personally? I think it's awesome! it's well balanced and the fabrics are adorable! I see you have some of that cute black with the skeletons, Vicky just got some of that! Ok now go stitch it!

Vicki W said...

I put my new books in a pile and just go through the one at a time. Since I've started doing the recumbant bike in the morning I do have that 15 minutes and it's great. Don't let it overwhelm you - do what you want and don't worry about the rest!

Carol said...

I really like it a lot! The colors are great...good mix and it really makes your eyes move all over the quilt...

Yvonne said...

Is that for ME???? LOL I love it....it looks wonderful so get to stitching it together.

Vicky said...

I think it's fabulous! And, wow, look at that box of Halloween fabrics still to be made into another quilt! I just started collecting them this year, so I see I've got a lot of catching up to do with you! (big grin)

Leave it as it is. It's perfectly balanced! I LOVE IT!

dot said...

This is really nice. If I was to change anything I might put the black cat in the middle row down two rows. It is hard to explain in a comment but I would move it down maybe it looks like 6 inches. To me this would give just a little more balace. This really is a lovely Halloween quilt.

Darlene said...

I think it looks great! If you start moving one thing, then you'll have to move two and OMG what a mess. LOL

Just sew it up and call it done.

Vicky said...

Well, I came back to check on you! I'm sure you're up to your elbows in newly dyed fabrics, or maybe you're stitching up that gorgeous Halloween quilt! Can't wait to see what you've been up to! (Hugs)